I recently went to Dollarama to look in the scrapbooking section to look for some scrap book transfers - really thin sticker kind of things. I got the idea from geezleweez and I wanted to see what I could find for cheap and see whether it actually worked. Let me just say, it works WONDERFULLY and is probably my new nail obsession, but more on that in the next post. As I was in Dollarama I found so many fantastic nail items around every corner that I knew I had to blog about it!
So as I was looking for the scrapbook transfers in the craft isle, I found feathers, glitter, tiny beads, sheets of stick on diamonds, sponges, and a photo album, all for a dollar each! All things that are great to use on nails and I couldn't find anywhere else. Then I turned into the beauty isle and found nail decals and nail diamonds!
So the moral of this story is if you're looking for some nail tools, definitely try Dollarama! It has so much useful stuff for only a dollar. I'm so happy to finally have sponges and nail beads without breaking the bank or waiting weeks!
Now I wanted to modify the photo album to hold image plates effectively, and I also wanted to make a pretty cover. This is what it looked like before:
See it opens to the side? This is really annoying for image plates because you have to tap the book to get the plate to wiggle all the way to the inside before you can get it. I saw Rebecca's tutorial a while ago and she closed the sides and opened the tops of the sleeves, and I decided to do something similar.
First things first, slide a piece of cardboard into the top of the photo sleeves. I didn't do this at first, figuring I didn't need to. Let me tell you, this was a mistake ahah! You will not be able to just get through the clear layer.
So the process is cut a line at the top of each sleeve, take out the cardboard, tape up the sides. Then I put 2 plates in each sleeve, 4 on each page. They do slide on top of each other sometimes, but it's so much faster to see them all this way, as opposed to 2 on each page, I just didn't like the look of it.
Then I took regular printer paper, took out the cardboard front and back and traced white pieces from it. I traced my logo on one, and colored it in, and put that and another white sheet on the 2 sides of the cardboard and slid it back into the front.
On the back I wanted some pink, so I traced a pink square and used the leftover pink and leftover white to make the back pages. I used Rebecca's tip and put my Konad sleeves in the back too.
And that's my prettied-up plate storage!
Thanks for reading! And stay tuned for some DYNAMITE posts coming up, I've been doing so much work for the blog, the only problem now is getting the time to write up the posts!