Wednesday 29 June 2011

Drop Anchor Nails with OPI Steady As She Rose

This is another nautical/pirate themed manicure with OPI Steady As She Rose from the OPI Stranger Tides collection. It's really subtle and a great mix of girly and tough. I have pictures from several different lighting situations; the natural light ones are the most color accurate, but I included the flash ones since they show more of the detail.

Steady As She Rose is a grey, dirty pale pink. I have 2 careful coats of it, then 2 stamps side by side in random lengths and spaces of the chain from BM12 in gold, China Glaze Passion. On top of that is the anchor from BM08 stamped in a medium/dark grey from Essence, Fivepocket Grey. You can use China Glaze Recycle if you have it. The gold on the pink is really subtle, much more subtle than in the pictures. It's actually a beautiful effect, a shimmering chain. I love the grey anchors against the murky pink! Many more pictures after the jump!






This is almost perfectly color accurate, it shows the subtleness of the chains:



This one shows the chain pattern a bit better:








I absolutely loooooove it! This collection is blowing me away, and inspiring me so much!

7 comments:

  1. I love these a lot! I love the combination of colors and the stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this one. The shade is nice overall from a distance, and when it gets close up you can really appreciate the art and theme

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really kinda loving steady as she rose! Very cute design, I want to try that. Please follow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome nina!! now i want to do this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...