Monday 27 June 2011

Fish in Nets with OPI Stranger Tides

I have some news - This weekend I bought a camera! It was a birthday present from my father so thanks Dad! Look forward to clearer, more accurate pictures and hopefully more posts since I don't have to wait for my boyfriend's phone :3

On to the nails. OPI's Stranger Tides may be a strange-looking color in the bottle but is a fantastic shade on my skin tone. Since it's kind of murky and pirate-y I wanted to do something not so cutesy, and I came up with a shimmery fishnet with creepy dead fish, very pirate appropriate! I LOVE this combination. I only have Stranger Tides in the little sample size, I might trade in my full size Mermaid's Tears for a full size Stranger Tides if I don't like it as much.

This is 2 coats OPI Stranger Tides stamped first with OPI Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous and Konad M79, then 2 fish with MAC Blue India and BM04. More pictures after the jump!









I also did a more subtle fishy nail to see which I liked better. In the end I liked the fish better but if the above is a fish overload for you then try this:









Such a deceivingly pretty color haha! OPI's Stranger Tides collection was the first time I'd ever gotten small sample sizes and actually went out and bought the full sizes because I thought I'd run out. That's how much I love this collection.

3 comments:

  1. haha, i love it!
    and i'm happy you have a real camera now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like it. And you are right, it is perfectly themed for pirate based nail polish :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fishes! They are really appropriate to this colour :)
    Oh, and I'm happy for you for your new camera ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...