Thursday 19 May 2011

Milani Jewel FX Gems plus China Glaze Lemon Fizz

Lemon Fizz is a streaky mess.Yes I said it. Lemon Fizz is from the Up and Away collection from China Glaze, and I find that all of the pastels were incredibly streaky and hard to apply. The pastel yellow, peach and mint green looked so beautiful in the bottle but absolutely horrendous on my skin tone. My sister has a paler skin tone with pink undertones and they looked nice on her, so if you're paler don't let me put you off.

But good news for olives, I found a way to make Lemon Fizz wearable! Introducing Milani Jewel FX Gems. It is apparently a fairly close dupe for Deborah Lippman's Happy Birthday. I didn't think I'd like it that much but it's actually pretty cute looking!This is 2 coats Lemon Fizz and 1 coat Gems.




Excuse the messy clean up. For the last 5 years or so I've been as messy as I want applying and then rubbing it off in the shower in the morning, so this cleaning up as you go business is a new thing for me. But I'm learning and I'll get better!

With flash:


From afarrrr:


And for comparison, the terrible streakyness that is Lemon Fizz by itself:



This yellow and glitter reminds me of a clown at a kids birthday party. I swatched Gems over a few light colors on paper when I was trying to see what it would look like. This is over China Glaze's Sugar High and For Audrey, and GOSH's Wild Lilac. They're much lighter than the picture.

 

Next up - crackles! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...